The Setting of Dahk-Tuin

The Halloween Cameo Caper 2007, placed on the distant planet of Dahk-Tuin with Disneyland orbiting!

Moderators: Hogan, Tinkerbell

The Setting of Dahk-Tuin

Postby Hogan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:30 am

Halloween Cameo Caper 2007 - The Setting

------------------------------------
In a far away area of the Universe floats the planet of Dahk-Tuin, a Jupiter-sized gas planet orbited by 8 moons.
The planet itself is some kind of mystery. Its history is shrouded in the cloak of time; once its upper atmosphere was home to a thriving civilization, but for unknown reasons their floating cities were abandoned and the only traces of the race once inhabiting them are the vague whispers of fueler pilots that ghosts still walk on the platforms and sails left behind. Many expeditions have been sent to Dahk-Tuin, to the platforms, the inner atmostphere and the moons, but nobody has returned home to report on the planet, and even heavily armed parties have disappeared without a trace.

Some say an ancient virus became the doom of the civilization and has never died, some says monsters from beyond time emerged from the depths of the planet, others claim the dead arose to claim the living... who can tell the truth? The only thing scientists DO agree on is that the planet, or something in it, somehow disrupts time and space and many inexplicable phenomena are recorded by the hundreds of scientists eager to find answers to the planet's mysteries. For every theory they come up with, though, there are a dozen or more mysteries left unexplained...

These days the only civilization to be found is on the moons of the planet... among others the Mining Planet of Teflan, the Galactic Military Outpost of Tharkan, Iridion, the planet covered by swamps and littered with ancient ruins covered in permanent fog, Glaunya - Deep Space Scientific Research Station and... the artificial moon of Disneyland!

The latter is actual the real original Disneyland, saved from the devastating earthquake of 2019, only to mysteriously disappear from Earth's orbit and appear around Dahk-Tuin. Here, beneath its glass dome, the park became a thriving amusement center for the known galactic races, and a home away from home for the Humans travelling the lonely lanes of space or studying and wondering at the majestic planet of Dahk-Tuin

------------------------------------

What we have here is a general overview of the setting and facilities we have to play around with for the event and the Halloween Party in the end.

As you can see it's far from complete (among other things, there's only a brief describtion of 5 out of 8 moons) and that's because the rest is left open for the various participants in the event to specify according to their own needs.

This thread is for the asking of questions about the various facilities, posting of descriptions of new ones as well as discussion about various parts of the setting. Any questions to the planets, moons or the facilities there can also be asked in this thread!

Should there be a request for new facilities, they can be provided either by the coordinators and/or participants provided they fit into the setting!

If you plan on using a part of the setting that has not hitherto been described, please post your description of it here for others to use as they see fit. If two artists want to use the same location, but are not of like mind, this is where to discuss and coordinate... the key to a great event of this kind is good coordination and management of the interweaving plots which inevitably arise. The world of Dahk-Tuin is your oyster!

- Hogan & Tinkerbell
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Hogan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:17 am

I was asked when, according to Earth's Timeline, this takes place, and the answer is.... the year 2139! 8)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in Misfits of Mischief by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:40 am

Well, it is 2139, but the planet can be considered a wacky time-vortex-portal thingummy if your comic isn't set in that year and you don't wanna do conventional time travel.

Le sigh.... my characters are gonna get in trouble with the council again...

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby AggieJanicot » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:04 am

I think the year is perfect...it's gonna set up some really interesting "What ifs" for my characters-- one will be celebrating his 500th birthday around that time, the other will be long dead.

Since my comic is in a world of magick users...you can just guess what kind of hideously messed up time-travel I'm planning.
Tennessee Vampires, Werewolves and Witches: http://americangothicdaily.com
Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Vampires: http://squareonecomics.com
AggieJanicot
Hogan's Hamster
Hogan's Hamster

Postby fesworks » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 am

With my characters, it does not matter when or where they go because they have a sense of awareness, and will go wherever I make them go :twisted: . Besides, I've always wanted to have a "Fes and Ernst In Spaaaaaaaaaace" arc at some point out of the shear rediculousness and clichéness of it :P
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Fes and Ernst in spaaaaaaaace.... in space! (sorry, I find that joke stupidly amusing *brick'd*)

I have plot bunnies with KAM's trunk (which was eventually ret-conned as the cause of the last caper) to get my characters there. Should be a laugh.

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:28 am

oh shit, I'm going to have to have Nemi go to. Geez, that's going to be weird.

Well, depending on when this thing starts, I've been meaning to have an arc where Fes and Ernst explain things to her, that she's a character in a webcomic. I was gonna have flashbacks too.

that all depends on when My story arc ends AND when the Crossover Wars ends. I may just consider having Fesworks go.

eh, I dunno. I don;t wannt be too ambitious just yet...
fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:40 pm

With all the madness currently going on, setting too many complicated plans this early would be a bit silly...

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Wheels » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:35 am

OMG head hurts. Don't know if I have any crossover inspiration left. Going to use Starworth. Ergo Hildegard must go she is the Captain. Prehaps I will mix this up a bit for example Prince will not go since he will be a King. One or both of the senior druids. Head hurts!!
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:04 am

My plan still involves bringing Dark Eyes along, if that's ok?

Tink
The Drunken Scribblings!

Nobody's a nobody
Tinkerbell
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Wheels » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:33 am

I will not plan to take Dark Eyes along. She will be yours for the duration. Tales of the Institute has a Dark Eyes story going it splain a few things.
If you like I will take whats left of Dark Eyes and bring her home at the end.
Starworth will be my transportation. You may destroy her Ugly Fighter if needed. Hope this helps. I am going to send a mixed team. Kids and Masters.
Wheels
Cursing Footman
Cursing Footman

Postby SunMK » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm planning on a simple way in for Bay & gang. As with the Genre setting of Sailorsun.org (It takes place behind the scenes of a webcomic. Like a TV show being behind the scene of another TV Show)

Threw a sound stage door of a newly occupied sound stage on the Studio Park Sun.org is located.

Door closes, and poof, they are there (And can't find the door out) Wheither they are actually in the future or on a elebrite sound stage is anyone's guess.

If you like the behinds the scenes approach, anyone else can used the same way in. Since it's behind the scenes of webcomics this can be handy for anyone looking for a way to get there characters there.
=========================================
The insane voice of reason in a sane world.

Visit SailorSun.org
SunMK
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Return to Halloween Cameo Caper 2007