[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Dragonboard • View topic - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Forum Wars: Don't Panic

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Forum Wars: Don't Panic

This is the shared forum for all the comic and events of the 2007 webcomic event of the .

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Forum Wars: Don't Panic

Postby Jorlem » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:53 am

Last edited by Jorlem on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
--Mark Twain
Jorlem
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Jorlem » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:00 am

This is a copy of my guide to the Forum Wars from Jstone's forum. () I thought that it would be appropriate to have a copy of it here as well. (I got the idea in part from the Crossover Archive, so...) I'll still be updating it from time to time, but I will be updating the one on Jstone's forum more frequently, as most of the updates will be concerning the Chibi Time War. I also mean to re-organize this sometime, to make it easier to follow, but I haven't really had the time.

If anyone spots any errors, or catches something that I missed, please tell me so I can fix them. Thank you.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
--Mark Twain
Jorlem
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Amon Star » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:26 am

I can add to the info regarding the Chibi Time War: The Forum Fic. Basically, it is to replace the comic because VOR doesn't have the time to do it in that Format. It definitely is NOT an RP, however, it may be influenced by the RP better bits. The RP will continue in all relevant Threads.

EDIT: You also forgot Teleros Fireheart's & Jenny Collins involvement in closing the rift.
Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Hogan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Sweeet! :D

Mind if I might use some of it when I come around to update the Hub properly? 8)
Avatar is Hogan cameoing in by ROAR
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby Jorlem » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 pm

Amon: I've corrected the Forum Fic thing. Thanks. As for the sealing the rift part, I don't recall those two actually being involved in sealing it. Jorlem and HS stabilized it, Jorlem with the Stabilizer, and HS with his magic, and A Fan went into the thing and sealed it into the crystal. Teleros and Jenny might have been fighting the rift, but I don't remember them being involved in the actual sealing procedure. If they were, tell me and I'll add them, but I really don't remember them. Sorry.

Hogan: :D
Sure! Could you just stick my name somewhere nearby? It could be upside down, sideways, in tiny font, or whatever. Glad you liked it. :)
--Mark Twain
Jorlem
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Amon Star » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Amon Star
Hardened Rookie
Hardened Rookie

Postby Squato » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:31 pm

You forgot the posts made in MKRP and War.
I am what I am.
I am a man of many colours.

Squato
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby Jorlem » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:10 am

They're in there. Look under "Intrusions to Mayhem RPs". I've been considering the possibility of combining that section with the threads with minor involvement section, but haven't reached a decision yet. I really need to drop this into Word and reorganize it. If only I had more free time.
*Sigh.*
--Mark Twain
Jorlem
Petty Toddler
Petty Toddler

Postby Squato » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Ah, my mistake then.
I am what I am.
I am a man of many colours.

Squato
Squire in Training
Squire in Training

Postby fesworks » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:24 pm

fesworks
Charging Knight
Charging Knight

Re: Hitchhiker's Guide To The Forum Wars: Don't Panic

Postby DatabaseError » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:34 am

Oh god, such a necro, but this needs saying:

I had to take down that old site, so you can no longer access the HHGTTFW at my (Jstone's) forums. I was hosting it myself, literally, and it has become impractical for me to maintain a 24/7 webserver in my house. I may transfer a copy onto my blog, but that will be a future endeavor.
Previously known as Jstone.
--
. A reformatted version of Jorlem's original Forum Wars guide.
DatabaseError
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, feel free to find it a home here until then if you like 8)

I get a kick out of reading the memories of old whenever I see it :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby DatabaseError » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:02 am

Finally... I have a of the guide up on . I've actually put some effort into it: I've cleaned up the formatting and rearranged some aspects in order to (hopefully) make the whole thing easier to comprehend.
--
DatabaseError
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby DatabaseError » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:04 am

Another necropost...

Well, Vox shut down completely, so that version of the Forum Wars guide was lost.

Fortunately, I've managed to reconstruct it from a Google Cache, and have made some further formatting corrections. I present you with

It's now hosted on a (hopefully) more stable service, and even has its own page. I hope my formatting updates have made the thing a little more navigable.
--
DatabaseError
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Postby Hogan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

In this case its not necro, more... like a Resurrection :)

Thanks for working to save this informative bit of Warhistory DBE :cheers:

If you want we can work on adding a mirro on this straight to the CW Central Hub? I believe future surveyers of the Wars will find it quite an interesting read/compedia...? :)
Hogan
DM of Deities

Postby DatabaseError » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:09 am

I've got a file of the thing with some generic HTML formatting (including the header tags, lists, blockquotes, etc.) Not a full page, mind you - I didn't include any header info or stylesheets, since my blog provides that - but the proper markup is all there. I can send this to you if you'd like, or I can whip up a fully-functional webpage, including CSS formatting, if you'd prefer.
--
DatabaseError
Young and Foolish
Young and Foolish

Return to Crossover Wars